United states is the most preferred destination for international students. Choicest subjects are engineering, mathematics, computer science and management. California, New York, Illinois and Texas are student havens. Postgraduate degrees usually take 18 – 30 months and undergraduate degrees typically take four years to complete at US universities. Each degree offers a wide range of subjects – few compulsory and others that can be chosen, also known as electives. The degree is a combination of major along with minor subjects that act as an addition to the core qualification.
New York CityNick named as ‘Capital of the World’ along with ‘The Big Apple’ and ‘The City That Never Sleeps’, New York City has the gleaming skyscrapers establishing it as the financial destination along with the hub for fine music and fashion panoramas.
Top universities are:
• Columbia University
• New York University
• Total test duration: 3 hours and 24 minutes
BostonCentre to the world’s best and brightest students and academics, Boston area is well known particularly for its modern version of classical music. The city is lively and has keen affection for sports.
Top most universities:
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) -ranked first in the world in the 2015/16 rankings
• Harvard University- ranked second in the world in the 2015/16 ranking
• Boston University
• Tufts University
• Brandeis University
• Boston College
• Northeastern University
ChicagoChicago is a vivacious city well known for its multicultural populace along with its effervescent live music scene and nightlife. It is the city of intellectuals and researchers.
• University of Chicago(10th in the QS World University Rankings 2015/16)
• Northwestern University
• University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• University of Illinois, Chicago (UIC)
• Illinois Institute of Technology
San Francisco & the Bay AreaThe back drop of universities in San Francisco and the Bay Area which surrounds is highly intellectual. It is the technology hub and home to software research and development. San Francisco along with a branch of the University of California is pioneer in biomedical research.
• Stanford University- ranked joint 3rd in the QS World University Rankings 2015/16
• University of California, Berkeley - ranked joint 26th in the QS World University Rankings 2015/16
Los AngelesLos Angeles has pulsating art and culture based activities. Mass media communication via music, television, and above of all thriving film industry makes it immensely popular.
• University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)